Archive for February, 2013
We’re returning to Brixie’s on Pi Day 2013 (3.14.2013). Why not join us? They have great beer, great bourbon, and, of course, bacon. What more could you want?
As usual, we’ll meet at 7:00pm. See you there!
9526 Ogden Ave
James Bacon wrote an article about the Lifeline Theatre production of The City & The City by China Miéville. The Lifeline Theatre has a long history of adapting genre fiction for the stage.
James also gives Capricon a very prominent mention in the article, which was published by Forbidden Planet International. Click here to read the article.
It’s Ides of Phandemonium time again!
Come out on Friday, 2/15, for an evening of food and fun at RAM Restaurant & Brewery. It’s just across Milwaukee Ave from the Westin. It’s a Zombie Goat Party!
We have 6:30pm reservations. The address is…
700 N Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling, IL 60090
Click here for more information.
See you there!
If you would prefer not to have your photo from our TARDIS photobooth displayed on Facebook, please contact Chicagoland PhotoBooth and request its removal. They have confirmed that they will remove such photos immediately.
Keep in mind that, while we strive to respect the wishes of our membership, Phandemonium assumes the right to display your image. The Phandemonium Code of Conduct states:
“Phandemonium event attendees and members should be aware that photography and video and/or audio recordings are frequently made by Phandemonium during events and that their likenesses may appear in those recordings. Attendees and members agree to assign without compensation the use of their likeness for the use of promotional material.”
UPDATE: Because of some of the complaints received by Chicagoland PhotoBooth, they have chosen to remove all the Capricon photos from their Facebook page. We support their decision.
Karen Ann Hollingsworth, Capricon 33’s Artist GOH, is sharing her skills! Karen will be hosting two hands-on panels. Come prepared! We will have some extra supplies on hand if you don’t.
Intuitive Watercolor Painting – Saturday, 11:30 am-1:00 pm – Botanic Garden B
- Pan Watercolor set: any size whatever you can afford or have.
- Pismacolor colored pencils any size whatever you can afford or have. (NOT the watercolor ones)
- Clayboard panel ultra smooth surface: 9×12 or smaller again whatever you can afford.
The Eraser Is Your Friend – Saturday, 2:30 pm-4:00 pm – Botanic Garden B
- Drawing Pencils: Prismacolor/Turquioise 4H, 2B, 5B,9B
- Smudgy sticks
- Sharpener: Dahle, two hole pencil sharpener. Square plastic sharpener with black and yellow cap. Blick’s has them.
- Sketch paper: I recommend 9×12 Biggy Sketch pad from Blick’s
- Faber-Castell Eraser Pencils (two pack available @ Hobby Lobby)
- Pentel Clie Eraser
- PaperMate Tuff Stuff Eraser Stick (if you can’t get any of this others this is a must have. Available at Blick’s, Staples, Office Depot, Michael’s etc.)
Capricon 33 is almost here! Click this link to see our programming schedule. You won’t want to miss a minute of it.