Archive for December, 2014
Looking for that perfect New Year’s resolution? Make a Recreational Resolution and register for Capricon 35. You’re Rolling in Reasons to attend. And at the stroke of Midnight New Year’s Eve, the cost increases to $55, so why wait?
Here’s the inside scoop on what’s in the works…
Programming is hard at work on scheduling, and is aiming to get the first draft out to participants by the end of this week! We have some great participants confirmed already:
- Award winning authors, including Mary Robinette Kowal, Phyllis Eisenstein, Jody Lynn Nye, and Eric Flint;
- Artists and Musicians, including Hugo Award base designer Deb Kosiba, video game designer Brian Babendererde, and musicians Eric Coleman and Susan Weiner;
- Scientists, including Bill Higgins, John Vittallo, and Henry Spencer;
- Costumers, including Wendy Zdrodowski, Linda Wenzelberger, and Melissa Huston;
- Fans, including Hugo Award winning Fanzine Editor James Bacon, Chicago Nerd Social Club organizer Michi Trota, Just Write Chicago’s coordinator Jennifer Cross, #INeedDiverseGames creator Tanya DePass, and Hugo Award Fan Writer nominee Mark Oshiro;
- And many, many more!
It’s shaping up to be a fantastic program and we’re going to hit the ground running on Thursday afternoon! We also have several special events in the works – as always our entertaining Opening Ceremonies and Midwinter Faire on Thursday, SpaceTime Theater on Friday, concerts by Cheshire Moon and our Music Guest of Honor Alexander James Adams on Saturday, a staged reading from OtherWorld Theater on Saturday, and of course Closing Ceremonies on Sunday – complete with awards and a sneak peak at Capricon 36!
Get your full weekend memberships today! You won’t want to miss a minute of Capricon 35!
Remember: Friends don’t let Friends pay $55.
This message brought to you by the Capricon Convention Committee and the Letter S (for Savings!)
Membership rates increase in 2015. Join by December 31, 2014 and insure 4 days of fun for only $50. R&R stands for Rush to Registration!
Don’t forget, on January 1, 2015 the cost for four fun-filled days at Capricon goes up to $55. You can secure your all-inclusive four-day badge for $50 if you’re Responsive and Responsible and sign up before the end of the year.
In addition to our guests of honor, we have SpaceTime Theater, an Art Show and Auction which includes emerging artists, tons of gaming in honor of several of our GOHs, an R & R dance, free snacks and so many panels you’ll need to Rewind Reality to attend them all.
For more information and to Rapidly Register online, click here. We look forward to seeing you at Capricon 35 on February 12-15, 2015 at the Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling. Resistance is Ridiculous (and futile).
Has holiday shopping left you feeling like you need to sharpen your skills for the coming Apocolypse? Then you should read our next book club selection, “A Canticle for Leibowitz” by Walter M. Miller Jr. This post-apocolyptic saga won the Hugo award for Best Novel in 1961.
We’ll be meeting on December 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm at our normal location…
Blue Box Cafe
176 E Chicago St
Elgin, IL 60120
Join us for some holiday fun!