Join the Phandemonium Board
Each year Capricon’s parent organization, Phandemonium, elects two new members to its Board of Directors. The board not only appoints the Con Chair for each Capricon, but looks for different ways to serve our fannish community. We’ve held a bi-monthly book club since 2004, along with Euchre Club, and dinner outings called F.E.A.S.T. (Fans Eating All Sorts of Things). But we’re always looking for new ideas.
That’s where you come in. Contributions from fans like you are what make Phandemonium better, stronger, faster. So why not take an active part and become a board member? As such you can help make a good organization even better.
If you’d like to be considered for the Phandemonium Board of Directors or if you’d like more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is 1/15/2013. The election will be held at Capricon 33.
To be eligible for election to the Board a candidate must meet the following
- Be a member of Capricon 33.
- Served as a member of a Convention Committee or have provided significant
service to Capricon or Phandemonium.
- May not concurrently hold a position equivalent to Board Member or Con Chair
of a similar Science Fiction Corporation or Convention.
- May not have served in an elected or appointed capacity on the Phandemonium Board of Directors
during the current Con Year.
- Have their candidacy ratified by a majority vote of the current Board of Directors.
For further information, you can find the Phandemonium Bylaws and Policies and Procedures here.
Board President, Phandemonium Inc.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.