Capricon is looking for help in the following departments. If you are interested please contact the appropriate department.
Phandemonium is looking for a Treasurer. The Treasurer oversees the finances and related paperwork for Phandemonium. It’s more like a bookkeeper than an accountant, as we hire an accountant to prepare our taxes.
If you are interested in learning more about this position please send an email to email@example.com.
Director of Accessibilities
We are looking for a someone to fill a brand new Board Staff Position- Director of Accessibility. Please read the details and responsibilities below. If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a non-voting Staff Position responsible for leading Phandemonium’s efforts to promote an environment that is welcoming and inclusive for all participants and members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying underserved communities who require accommodation.
- Communicating with those communities to identify their needs.
- Recommending actions required by the organization to serve said needs.
- Involvement in problem resolution and advocacy when concerns about biasor insensitivity are raised. This may include coordination with the S.M.O.F.
- Developing metrics to inform strategic planning/decision-making and toensure accountability in tracking and monitoring accessibility requests and accommodations.
- Researching local, state, and federal laws to ensure compliance with all applicable laws including but not limited to the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Other duties as assigned by The Board.
Hybrid conventions require more people to run than ones that are entirely in-person or entirely online. If you’d like to help, please email email@example.com – we have fun jobs waiting for you whether you are attending in-person or from your living room!
- Zoom Hosts
- Discord Helpers
- In-person panel assistants