Camp Among the Stars
February 19-22, 2009
Westin Chicago North Shore
601 North Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, IL 60090
$45 until December 31, 2008
$55 January 1, 2009-January 31, 2009
$70 thereafter and at-the-door
When heading off to camp, it is always important to make sure you bring along everything you might need. So after you make sure your name is written on the tags of your clothes, take a moment to grab these other items!
- A can of food for the "Feed the Goat a Tin Can" food drive
- A refillable water bottle
- A reusable tote bag for your Dealer�s Room shopping
- Your copy of Archangel by our Author Guest of Honor, Sharon Shinn, for the Phandemonium Book Club discussion on Saturday
- Your costume for the Masquerade on Saturday night
- Appropriate clothes for playing in the snow on Friday (Snow Goons!)
- Your bike for our Trail Ride along the river on Saturday
- A drum or other percussion instrument for the Drumming Workshop on Saturday
- Your copy of The Dispossessed by Ursula K. LeGuin for the Chicago-SF Book Club discussion on Sunday
- Something you have written and want to read at the Twilight Tales Open Mic Night on Friday
Also make sure that when you arrive at Camp Capricon, sign up at the Info Desk for events that are space limited:
- Kaffeeklatches with the Guests of Honor (Thursday and Sunday)
- Writers Workshop (Saturday)
- Masquerade (Saturday)
See you all soon!
The Capricon 29 Convention Committee
The Winter 2009 Edition of Goat Droppings is now posted on the forums!
Chock full of information about Capricon 29, and also an important
announcement about Capricon 30! Click
to go to the posting on the forums, where you can read the text version
or download the PDF.