Grab your swimsuits, inner tubes and wet noodles it's going to be a wet one
Saturday night in the Sheraton pool! You've heard of a late night drive in,
now join us for Capricon's first ever late night DIVE IN! Jump right in and enjoy
our double feature of Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Show starts at 11:00!
- 3:30pm � From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 1 (1998) 60 min
- Through dramatization, this series relates the story of the conquest of the moon by the Americans, from the Mercury and Gemini projects to the legendary Apollo missions. This episode, "Can We Do This?" maps the origins of Apollo and its Mercury and Gemini roots
- 4:30pm � From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 2 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "Apollo 1", tells of the tragic fire and the subsequent finger-pointing.
- 5:30pm � From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 3 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, �We Have Cleared the Tower" portrays the intense preparation for Apollo 7.
- 6:30pm � EQUILIBRIUM (2002) 107 min
- A strict regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Clerick John Preston is a top ranking government agent responsible for destroying those who resist the rules. When he misses a dose of Prozium, a mind-altering drug that hinders emotion, he experiences emotions for the first time and finds himself conflicted with everything he'd believed in and fought for.
- 8:15pm - 2001:A SPACE ODYSSEY (1982) 168 min
- Director Stanley Kubrick demonstrates his unmatched mastery of sight, sound, and motion as he serves a visual feast. The film's special effects were a quantum leap over anything that had gone before it, paving the way for a new high-tech look in film and graphics.
- 10:30pm � LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER 2:THE CRADLE OF LIFE (2003) 117 min
- Our virtual heroine journeys to a temple, sunken underwater that leads to a sphere that contains the mythical Pandora's Box, only to have it stolen away.
- 11am � From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 4 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "1968" puts Apollo 8 into its historical context against events of the era.
- 12pm � From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 5 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "Spider" shows the engineering POV through the design, building, and testing of the LEMs with Apollos 9 and 10.
- 1pm - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 6 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "Mare Tranquilitatis" shows the deeper considerations behind the historic Apollo 11 lunar landing
- 2pm - Mulan (1998) 88 min
- To save her father from death in the army, a young Chinese woman secretly goes in his place and becomes one of China's greatest heroes in the process.
- 3:30pm - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 7 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "That's All There Is" portrays the camaraderie of the Apollo 12 crew.
- 4:30pm - Barbarella (1968) 98 min � FILM ROAST
- Come and join our panel as we watch this film and they let us know just what they think about this classic!
- 6:30pm - A Knight's Tale (2001) 132 min
- A peasant squire takes up the identity of his master when the knight suffers an untimely demise. This film is a Rockin� good time.
- 8:45pm - EQUILIBRIUM (2002) 107 min
- See Thursday at 6pm.
- 10:30pm � The Ring (2002) 115 min
- A young journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it. Have your honey close by during this creepy film.
- 12:30am � Love at First Bite (1979) 93 min
- After over 700 years of one-bite stands, Count Dracula and his manservant are evicted lock, stock and coffin from his castle and forced to take up residence in the Big Apple. The Count's hilarious adventures take him from the Plaza Hotel to Harlem, from hot discos to elegant candle lit restaurants, all in pursuit of the girl of his dreams. This is the 70�s at it�s best.
- 11am - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 8 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "We Interrupt This Program" shows a by-now-indifferent media galvanized by the events of Apollo 13.
- 12pm - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 9 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "For Miles and Miles" tells of Alan Shepherd's return to the manned program with Apollo 14 after being grounded between Mercury and Gemini.
- 1pm - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 10 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "Galileo Was Right" shows the non-piloting demands on the Apollo 15 astronauts as they train in lunar field geology.
- 2pm � Muppet Treasure Island (1996) 99 min
- Set sail for Muppet mayhem! Get warmed up for tonight�s Dive In. Yo ho ho.
- 3:45pm - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 11 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "The Original Wives Club" gives the female POV through the wives of the New Nine.
- 5pm � Desert Slacks (1994) and Desert Briefs (1994) � 60min
- This set of shorts is an existential look at love, relationships and paleontology. This film was produced by two members of your film staff and local Chicago Author, Paul McComas. Join us as we celebrate it�s 10th anniversary.
- 6pm - Bride of the Monster (1955) Film Roast � 68 min
- It�s too hard to determine the worst of the B-Movies, however this certainly is a classic Ed Wood and Bela Lugosi film. Join our panelists as they take us through this classic.
- 7:30pm � The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) 75 min, plus commentary following
- An antidote to Bride of the Monster. Our panelists stay on to talk about the best of the Monster Movie Genre
- 9:30pm - LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER 2:THE CRADLE OF LIFE (2003) 117 min
- See 10:30pm on Thursday
- 11:30pm � Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) 110 min
- The Romulans have announced they are open to a diplomatic negotiation but when Enterprise arrives they discover a threat to Earth. Meanwhile Captain Picard faces a dangerous adversary who has discovered a way to become his clone.
- 1:15am � Queen of Outer Space � (1958) 80 min
- Three American astronauts are on the first manned mission to Venus, and when they arrive, they find the planet to be inhabited solely by women with high heels and short dresses. Starring Zsa Zsa Gabore.
- 11am - From the Earth to the Moon � Episode 12 (1998) 60 min
- This episode, "La Voyage Dans La Lune" brings things full circle by contrasting Georges M�li�s's vision and drive in creating his 1902 film with Apollo 17 and the Apollo program's close.
- 12pm � Finding Nemo (2003) 100 min
Nemo, a boy clownfish, is stolen from his coral reef home. His timid father must search the ocean to find him. Another Pixar classic.
- 1:45pm � Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) 100min
- Yo ho ho. It a movie, it a ride, it�s Pirates of the Caribbean, a rollicking action-adventure story set in an era when villainous pirates scavenged the Caribbean seas.